Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Dive....and moving on

Like I mentioned in the last post, scuba diving was really the highlight of the trip for me and the gang. It was really a glimpse into the life of a mermaid, not that they exist, but if they did at least I can say that I enjoyed the 1/2 hour experience of being a merman. Here's more pictures of our diving expedition before we move to the next activity.

Instructor teaching us how to breath like Darth Vader

Getting set to go into the water. I was really expecting us to backward flip into the water like what we watch on discovery channel, but alas because we were bunch of first timers, we had to suit up in the water.

where's Nemo??

We sure did feel like successful PADI certified divers after the 1/2 hour experience.

Activity 3: Surfing

Next highlight of the trip had to be surfing. In all my previous trips to Bali, I never did try out surfing. Heck, even in my 2 years staying in Brisbane, 45 minutes away from the best waves in the world, Surfers Paradise I never ever tried surfing. So this time I thought I should try it out.

The only motivation I had during surf lessons was that if Hock could stand so can I and that was what motivated Yuen and Valarie as well. Surfing is not easy thing to do, the hardest part is actually not standing on the board, it is actually swimming out and finding a wave to catch and finding the correct time to stand. A lot of body action is required and now I understand how those surfer dudes can have a "surfer body".

Learning to surf is one thing but there was another lesson I learned too. That is to always no matter what.. put sun block. You see, I was so excited and all that I forgot all about the sunblock. I hurriedly suit up

Only to come back from 3 hours in the sun having two contrasting body shade.

Lesson very well learned.

No comments: