Thursday, April 5, 2007

when you honour God

It's only pass the mid-week mark and already what a week it has been. Mom was admitted to hospital and I had to entertain my client's Chief Technology Officer (CTO) from US, basically the last person I wanted to see on earth. But in both occasion, God came through. Goes to show, when you honor Him, he will Honor you back.

My mom has been having serious shoulder and back problems and haven't quite been able to get it properly diagnose, so last Sunday it got worse and the doctor said she has to be admitted in for a series of test. All those who are fans of House M.D, yup my mom went through those exact samething, biopsy, investigative blood test, MRI, ct scans, x-Rays and the whole works. Off course we were anxious of what the test results would show but we were also concern about the medical bill. Dad's retired for the last 3 years, mom's been a housewife for years and insurance don't want to pay for some reason. Anyway, after lots of prayer, the insurance said they'll cover up to RM1000 and only if they doctor can find something wrong with my mom. So we took the deal even though it wasn't the best of all deals. So do we pray that something is wrong with mom so we don't have to fork out so much money or pray that nothing is wrong and worry about the money and what killed me most was that I was in Singapore when all these happened. Anyhow, after all the "House MD" test, results came out clean and whatever mom was going through was just "signs of old age". Now comes the money part, I was prepared to say goodbye to a new car, my dad was willing to sell off something but when God honors you, He really honors you. The insurance company had a change of heart out of no where and decided to pay for the whole medical expenses, and I mean the whole medical expenses. The medical bill was way way more than the initial RM1k they wanted to cover and they covered it all. Just imagine, the MRI is already RM1K.

Like I said, I couldn't be around for my mom because I was expecting a visit by the CTO of the client I am supporting. This guy is the one who determines whether our company is making good use of the investment they have pumped in for us to support them well. I really don't know why he wants to particularly meet with me, probably because I am a young good looking Chinese boy? And old "ang mors" like young good looking chinese boys? Anyway, mother in hospital and a meeting with the CTO looming, I can't explain how mega stress I was. Anyway, the outcome of the meeting was; I got fired. ..... nah.. at least I was thinking that was going to be the outcome. I was beginning to regret all my "hantu" sessions from work. But when you honor God, God honors you. CTO said a lot of good things about me and basically he was very happy at the delivery of work I was giving to them as a client and even sighted methods I use for work as examples. I couldn't thank God enough!!!! And what is best is that, the CTO told my director all these over tiger beer and you know the wonders of alcohol, they help you exaggerate more and it was good timing too because my annual appraisal was due too. So now, I not only thank God for good comments from the CTO but also thank God for one bloody good appraisal too.

So what have I learned in this mid-week? I am reminded again, when you honor God, He will honor you back beyond what you can imagine. As Rose mentioned in her blog, God gives me the shivers. He turned one of my most stressful moments into moments of joy that I have not felt in a long time.

Now, I have to ask for forgiveness, because in my meeting with the CTO, in my mind I was thinking "shut up with the good comments.. I WANT REWARD MONEY!!", God forgive me.....Hey, I am still human!!

No comments: