Wednesday, July 26, 2006

air asia worse than klse

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I booked an Air Asia flight ticket to Kota Kinabalu (KK) last Saturday for a close friend's wedding on the 23rd of September. I checked the Air Asia web-site and there was *THE MERDEKA SPECIAL-Flights as low as RM1.99* and tickets going to KK was at RM129.90. I thought it wasn't too bad considering the original price is RM269.90. Also, couple of days ago Air Asia announced to the press that they are raising fuel surcharge again and chances of air tickets going up was there. So I happily clicked and book my Air Asia ticket thinking I had a good deal.

Monday morning came and I decided to check the Air Asia web-site to see how much that plane ticket has gone up and this is what I saw!!!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Flight tickets to KK was from RM29.90.... I ran straight into the wall!!! Literally as the hokkien would put it 'long piak' man.... I tell you watching Air Asia flight prices is worse than watching the stock market. I could have saved a bundle and used that money and stayed in a nicer hotel in KK instead I've to settle for a budget hotel. Or best save the money and go on a shopping spree in KK.

Well, I thought at least the consolation is that I'd get to check out Air Asia's new much talk about Airbus A320. I checked the web-site and saw that the A320 operates to KK. Checking further, I found that the A320 flies on all the scheduled times to KK except the one I booked. I ran straight to the wall and 'long piak' again.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: