Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Tremors in Singapore

There were reports of tremors in Singapore yesterday. I did feel the building moving and saw my pencil holder moving about but I just discounted it as me having a dizzy spell because I was suffering from a lack of sleep at that time. Further more, I looked around, everyone was still glued to their monitors hammering on the keyboard away, as if it was just any other normal working day. The building opposite mine already had people evacuating and we all thought they were having a fire drill.

Anyhow, after reports about an earthquake in Sumatra, Indonesia was out, only than did everyone in the office started to say they thought they felt something. So, since we missed having a real life evacuation. My colleagues and I decided to "evacuate" ourselves at 4pm for a long tea break sighting that we felt a third wave of "tremors" and wanted to save ourselves. A new excuse I can add to my list of "Mark Tan's Excuses for Taking Long Tea Breaks".

No comments: